Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Testing Different Activators for Clear Slime!

This was the laundry detergent method. 
The Slime
is crystal clear!
Hi!
About two weeks ago I experimented and made two clear slimes with different activators. There are many methods on the internet on how to make clear slime.  I wanted to find out what was the best activator for clear slime, so I could use that method for making all my clear slime.

The two activators I tested:

*a mixture of contact solution & baking soda
*laundry detergent

The first one I tested out was contact solution with baking soda . I first poured in my glue into a mixing bowl, and in a separate bowl I mixed in contact solution and baking soda. I added my solution little at a time until it started pulling away from the bowl, then kneaded it with my hands until it wasn't sticky. Then, I put it in an air tight container for about two weeks. This one did not end up being clear. For some reason there is a thick layer of hard bubbles on top and the bottom is slightly clear. It was very stiff when I took it out of the container. This one did not work out for me, and I did not like this method.

I also tried out making clear slime with laundry detergent. Again, I poured my glue into my mixing bowl and added my laundry detergent little by little. (I used tide laundry detergent) Then, I knead it  until it was not sticky, and left it in air tight container for two weeks, just like the first one. After two weeks of waiting, it turned out to be crystal clear and very soft and stretchy! It was so awesome, and it is definitely worth the wait and experiment!

So, if you need a good activator for clear slime I recommend clear laundry detergent. It is easy, and turns out to be the perfect slime! If you are wondering why I don't use borax, it is because borax is toxic and not so safe for kids. Lots of kids got burned by making slime with borax.

I make slime so it is fun, and safe!
This is the saline solution/baking soda method.
It isn't clear at all.

1 comment:

  1. This is going on the list of Christmas gifts for my nephews!
    I'm gonna make this how to make slime with laundry soap and Thank you so much for a great, inexpensive boy gift.

    ReplyDelete